Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Pee Wee AKA the Magpie Lark

The Pee wee is a black and white bird that looks a lot like a magpie but the name can be misleading. Pee wees have no link to magpies or larks. The most noticeable difference in the different species is the fact that the pee wee is smaller than the magpie. Whether their looks are similar, the peewee is a very interesting bird.

Description

As I have said before, the pee wee is a black and white bird. The adult male has a white eyebrow and a black face whereas the female has a white face and doesn't have a eyebrow. The young, no matter what gender, have a black forehead, a white eyebrow and a white throat.

Habitat

Pee wees can be found in Australia, New Guinea and Timor. They can be found in almost any habitat except rain forests and the driest deserts. The birds that don't breed and young birds make large wandering groups that move together depending on which season. These groups can sometimes consist of several thousands.

Food

The bird is a mostly ground dwelling animal and can be seen slowly searching the ground for a variety of insects and their larvae. They also like to eat worms and freshwater invertebrate.

From my perspective, this bird does not at all sound like the noisy magpies but yet, does not sound as sweet as the lark but I like to think that they are there, having a peaceful time as they fly, eat and enjoy life.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ok, you wait til you see MY pictures! I haven't taken them yet.

Beaut work. :)

I am happy to have you organise to have ovens made if there is no interference from how WE would do it. :)

If you want to wait we can do them on Monday. I want to be the one to cook on them. Well, I would like KFC to cook on them. She will like that.

I don't know what you can do instead of computing but I do NOT advise computing. It takes an expert to supervise it correctly without problems occuring.

Leslie said...

Go to "edit post" and press the spell check. :)

Leslie said...

http://myscienceprogram.blogspot.com/2008/11/who-are-you-calling-pee-wee-magpie-lark.html