Friday, November 7, 2008

Auroras

Auroras is the natural display of lights in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. These are usually seen at night and some scientists call them 'polar auroras'.

These lights are can be seen in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. It gives off a an illuminating glow over the horizon. Mostly you can see a glowing green but sometimes you can see a radiating red.

In the Southern Hemisphere the lights are called the aurora australis. These are visible in Antarctica, South America and Australasia. Australis is the Latin word for 'of the South'.

In the Northern Hemisphere the lights are called aurora borealis. These can be seen in the arctic islands of northern Canada. The name comes from the Roman goddess of dawn named Aurora, and the Greek name for the north wind, Boreas. These lights occur most often during September to October and from March to April.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Super work.

Guess what!

I got Layout of the Day!

http://digitalscrapbookplace.blogspot.com/2008/11/layout-of-day-savor-this-moment.html

Leslie said...

Raffle ticket for picking that up - I deleted one. That is where I asked someone to pop it up, just to keep it in mind, for when I put it up properly.

They often go up from the net, looking like that.

http://mypoetryprogram.blogspot.com/2008/07/two-drops-of-rain.html

That is the next one I had in mnd for you.

The one after is about a train.

Did you like the rabbit? Isn't it brilliant?

Have you written a little about the poet - who, what, where, his style?

And pop in a picture of the rabbit.