Saturday, November 15, 2008

Poem - My Friends and I

With my friends I have the greatest fun
With my friends I get the job done
When I am lonely they will always be there
A friend is something that is very rare

No matter what we do
There will always be a time when I need you
Whatever situation we are in
Both of us will win

Arguments may happen and we will fight
But we are friends as I write
Without you where would I be?
Together you and I are free

By Slinky

I made this poem last year to reflect on the times with my good friends. I think it says a lot for itself and I am proud of it. When I put it up here, I will never forget it. Hopefully this will pass for homework. :)

21 comments:

Leslie said...

That is splendid! WTG SLinky!

Way to go! Well done! :)

Homework will have to be optional as I was away. :)

Leslie said...

Ge I thought your oven was brilliant!

Labels:

Go to Layout, add a gadget, labels.

It is on the Poetry Program too I think.

Leslie said...

Nah - is for Liz - I can't do anything with brag books as they are too small to go into my book. :)

I think it's the best thing she has made. There are another 3 pics to go - and I still haven't done two others. There are 8 in the set.

Ok - I am having to stay home this week as I have caught a bit of a flu.

You will do well with JE - she's a star at organising and doing the speeches. I have only one thing to say - well two. Smile gently and speak more slowly than usual. :)

I have my fingers crossed. :)

Your speech is your focus for the moment.

There is another Trixie in the ofice remember, for when you bring back the one you are on.

What number are you on? I might read them too. :)

I like the way each has a different focus. Some focus on travel and sight seeing, some have morals, some teach you US history.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Cissie. That's the first time this week I had lunch and it was WONDERFUL!!

Leslie said...

Dear Cissie and Slinky,

Love the comment on topcatrules! Made my morning!

The generosity yesterday was so well received and so appreciated!

There was something for everyone in the wide selection.

All the teachers - their eyes went WIDE when they entered the staff room. They couldn't believe it. Those bags of crackers, the delicious pink ones, they all went quickly, then fantastic fruit salad and the sushi... the candy!

Oh my. It was like the fairies came and brought a treat for the school. :)

Haven't we three had a great year! Cissie, Slinky and Ms. S. I think we worked very well together and set down a good foundation for ways to do things in the future.

I hope your trip is fabulous. What a great thing to be doing!

I hope Slinky will take a journal and a camera so that she can document it and be able to blog it when she gets back.

Thank you both for being there this year, you have both made my life richer. :)

Leslie said...

Slinky - you have made a brag book before.

Did you get Liz's from me? .It's very pretty

Leslie said...

Oh my stars! You are in China!!
Wow! I was just now thinking about your trip, then I found your comment.

It's a great Erica kit - Jingle All the Way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Slinky,
I hope you're having a great time in China. I just noticed that when you come back next year I won't see you because I am moving school.
I promise I will keep commenting you even after I am gone.

We are all missing you very much

Your desk partner,
Green Wombat

Anonymous said...

Slinky!

I hope that you are having a WONDERFUL holiday in China!!!!

Missing you Took

Leslie said...

Hi Slinky! I can see you on here, in China! I was just reading the stat counter. ;)

Hope your day is going well and that you are seeing some interesting things.

We made a jello rainbow today, and learned what rainbows are made of, or, how they occur.

We studied seahorses yesterday. And the use of salt in preserving things.

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! The Great Wall!! Wow!

This is SO exciting. ;)

Leslie said...

Hey - do you know, you can email the photos to yourself?

You know, the Internet email address you used for this blog.

Then if you comment me, I can go in and look and show all the kids if you like.

Leslie said...

We are very excited about the photos! It is fabulous to hear from you on your trip!

Today we are making pancakes. The rainbow jello was really good!

We miss you. :)

Anonymous said...

Incredible photos! Can I send one to Debra?

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness! How was Spain? I haven't been there - but I loved Paris and London. :)

We amde pancakes and we have the volcano for today.

Leslie said...

We haven't done the volcano yet - well, it is made and on our floor. We just have to set it off.

Wow - you are having such a great experience!

Oh, and I have tea bags and matches to set off more rocket tea bags just for fun.

Anonymous said...

Your vice captain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS SLINKY
YOU'RE VICE CAPTAIN!!

WTG!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

YOU ALSO GOT AN AWARD OF EXCELLENCE! GOOD WORK

Leslie said...

Yes, I went to Italy and Dubai with A - in 2007. I was supposed to go to Itlay in May lst year but my sister was not well.

She and I are planning to go in October this year.

How are you going? Waving at Clue too!

Leslie said...

TB from work sent it in an email to all the teachers because of the hot days. :)

leslie.digitalscrapbookplace.com has all the many pics I made in December and January after you went on your holiday. I did about 30 and did some new styles.

I have my latest 120 page book in my office.

Here's my shopping arriving at 9.25pm!

Leslie said...

You need a new post on here, I have read this one several times now. :)