Sunday, June 29, 2008

Poem - Last Words of a Bluebird

As I went out a Crow
In a low voice said,
"Oh,I was looking for you.
How do you do?
I just came to tell you
To tell Lesley (will you?)
That her little Bluebird
Wanted me to bring word
That the north wind last night
That made the stars bright
And made ice on the trough
Almost made him cough
His tail feathers off.
He just had to fly!
But he sent her Good-by,
And said to be good,
And wear her red hood,
And look for the skunk tracks
In the snow with an ax-
And do everything!
And perhaps in the spring
He would come back and sing."

Frost is describing that as he went outside a crow talked to him in a low voice saying that the crow was looking for him. The crow said how do you do and it came to tell Frost that Lesley's bluebird wanted to bring her a word. The wind from the north last night made the stars bright and the ice on the trough. This made him cough and his tail feathers fell off but he sent the crow to tell Frost to tell Lesley to be good and wear her red hood while looking for skunk tracks in the snow with an ax and perhaps the the bluebird will come back in the spring.

I think that this poem is nice and short but it can still make your mind think you are in a cold, snowy place.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

It's about his daughter or grand daughter. :) Her name was Lesley.

We won't alter the admin rights just yet.

We have mainly just started to set things in place for next year.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Slinky, I told you that I don't understand too much about POEM. Please see the 4th comment under Spelling Word Sentences. - clue