Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
By Robert Frost
From what I read, I think the poem means the way the crow flies or the way the crow does things gave Frost a thought. From a certain tree snow fell down and he describes the look as if it was dust. This dust like snow has given his heart or feelings a change of mood and saved some of the pity he gave.
Robert Lee Frost was born on March 26th, 1874 and died 88 years later on January 29, 1963. He is renowned as a famous poet and many of his poems live on to this very day.
In his adult years he proposed to Elinor Miriam White and were married at Harvard University where Frost studied for two years. He had six children but only two outlived him as three died of illness and one committed suicide. In 1894 he sold his first poem, "My Butterfly: An Elegy" and gained 15 dollars for it. This was just the beginning of his career and wrote some of his best works in England.
To sum up, I have put one of Frost's famous quotes:
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life
— It goes on"
1 comment:
Oh well done!
The poem has quite a simple meaning actually - something agreeable that he witnessed (saw), made him feel better about a bad day he had been having. :)
It's one of my favourites.
Post a Comment