The boy was sitting in the paddocks when a big brown mare walked up to him. The horse's eyes looked as if they were saying,
“You can come with us and live like us. Just come.”
The boy was thinking hard. He thought what it would be like to be a horse. Freedom, no school, to live with the horses. His thoughts were disturbed by the village witch. Most people were afraid of her but not this boy. He had helped her in some hard situations and in return, the witch gave him what he wanted. She could see what he was thinking.
“To be a horse,” she began, “you must have a tail hair from a horse, a handful of still creek water and a hair of your own. With this a potion can be made and a horse you shall become. Be warned that you can never change back to a human and if you wish to it can not be undone by the most powerful magic in the world.”
The boy was excited. The only problem was that the closest still water was a mile away but he was so determined to get it that he asked a pelican to help him. The pelican brought back some water in his bill and the boy took a handful out of the bill and put it in a pot. After taking the water, he asked a horse for a tail hair. Soon enough, he had the tail hair. The last thing he needed was a hair of his own. Just as he was about to pull the hair, he had a thought. He remembered that he couldn’t change back to a normal person and hated to think what his best friend would feel. They wouldn’t be able to understand each other and they both would not be happy.
“What if I could talk to the village witch and see what she could do?” thought the boy.
So he asked the village woman and she said it was possible. All he had to do was get a hair of the person he loved most dearly. The next day the boy took a hair from his best friends' bed and soon enough, the potion was ready. Though hesitante, the boy drank it all in one gulp and the witch and the boy were both blinded by a bright light. When the light cleared, there stood a handsome horse except where the head and neck would be, there was a human torso.
“I look brilliant,” thought the boy.
After the amazing tranformation, people in the villiage disliked the boys' looks and made him live in the paddock with the horses. For this reason, he broke away from the paddock and ran off to a nearby forest with all of the other horses and his best friend. With his best friend, they had a child which was the also a centaur like his father. The boy never forgot the human's unkindness and that is why those centaurs prefer to live alone. They are hard to see in the forests but if you see them galloping past, you can feel their freedom, how they are happy that there is no school and you can feel their love as they live with one another.
9 comments:
Hi Slinky, Where you have the picture from? it make me easy to understand the story. - clue
Oh this is SO good!! LS :)
hey Slinky,
I love this story i've read it one million times!!!!
see ya later Black rabbit
WOW! slinky, fabulous if I was Ms s defanatly 10 out of 10. See ya tommorow
chairs
I agree with Chairs - and yes, I gave it full marks. :)
Hi Slinky,
I really love your story it rocks!
Cool picture!
Seeya later.
C.T
Hi Slinky,
AGAIN!!!!!!
I know i've already left a comment but i can't help myself!!!
I LOVE and I meen LOVE this story!!!
You should make more of them!!!
Cya Black Rabbit
Dear Slinky, I am glad that some readers of your story are enjoy to read it. I am a slow thinking person and I don’t have any imagination at all. - clue
Cool that is a really nice story Slinky!
I really like the picture it brings the story out so you can rally understand it
Took!!! :)
Post a Comment