Topic: Discovery
What is That?
Can't believe it. It was that unbelievable day. I'm a 10 year old girl and I come from Grafton in Queensland. I'm your average everyday school girl. I walk to school everyday and nothing really happens. Go to school, come back from school, do homework, watch TV and go to sleep. When you think something is going to happen it doesn't but when don't think something is going to happen it just might change your tedious life forever. No one would listen. It was the day I discovered the Thing. What's the Thing you may ask? Well, to understand you'll have to listen to this story. I'm Bec, and brace yourself for what you are about to hear...
It all started on the 19th of March, 2008 at 3:17 pm. I was walking back from school when I saw the lamp post near the bushes had gone! Disappeared, vanished. It doesn't sound very exciting but it's not every day that you find a lamp post gone without a trace that had been there before. That was not the only thing that had caught in my mind. The little pond had vanished too. It just looked like it had green grass forever and never seemed to have been a pond in its whole life.
"What strange things are happening today," I thought.
All of a sudden, I could hear some strange beeping noises from the bushes. They seemed to say:
"No one will think they're gone Boz! You can be sure of that! Human beings don't recognise things like that."
"I don't know Thatcher. Those were pretty big things to disappear! I hope it was all worth it. To take over the world is a big thing to do."
Curiosity got the better of me and I looked through a gap in the bushes. Inside I saw two little men wearing green suits like the ones you wear to dinner parties. On their heads were miniature Father Christmas hats except they were coloured turquoise. Their faces were ugly things but they were only little things. There was nothing I could do. These things were going to take over the world and there was nothing I could do.
"Pssst!" said a voice behind me.
It was Mr Grey, the old shopkeeper on Home Street. Soon enough we zip zam zoomed to the public park. It was there that he told me that he was a undercover agent from an organisation that looked at other things than human beings. He told me that he had been watching me for some time and knew that I could help him.
"Those things that you discovered are called Gremmies. They plan to destroy the world and take over human society."
I don't know what happened next but after a long talk, he told me to sign a document. It was a lolly wrapper. I signed it anyway and Mr Grey showed me a picture of a bizarre looking machine. My mouth blurted out the words, "What is that?"
"It's the Thing," replied Mr Grey.
It was the Thing he wanted me to track down - to find and destroy. And so, my task began...
The first place I looked, the very next day, was in the bushes. There it was. The Thing. It was as high as a bush and looked deadly. I climbed through the branches and looked at the machine. The button I saw was SELF DESTRUCT. I was about to press it but I was paralysed. The Gremmies had shot me with their Stun Gun. Soon enough, I was locked in a crate and thought I was going to die. I don't know how it happened but I somehow found a way out of the crate and fought the Gremmies by kicking and punching. I was covered in the Gremmies' blood which was a purple colour but I pressed the button and the next moment, I found myself in my bedroom. A note on my bedside table said: "You did well. We are very grateful"
I can't remember all the details of this adventure but after a week or two, I was on a plane to Spain to find Scropa. Who is Scropa you may ask, but that is another story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like this activity and I need more time to read it. - clue
I read it brifely and wish you read it again too. It's a nice story but you need to check it according the requiment of the Writing Example when you have the time. Well done Slinky - clue
Post a Comment