Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cloze Exercise

As I was walking along the dusty _ _ _ _ _ of the River Nile, I saw the great pyramids of Egypt. I walked beside them and thought how the
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ pharaohs would feel that they were used as a tourist attraction and what they would think the pyramids would be in the future.

I leave the pyramids and find the Great Sphinx of Egypt. Its body looked so magnificent while crouching like a _ _ _ _. No nose. Napoleon blew it off and it has been the same flat, rough nose ever since. No beard. It
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ off and is now shown in a nearby museum. The Cairo Museum.

I keep on walking. I see the vast _ _ _ _ _ plains of the desert and wish I had brought a scarf with me for the strong winds of the desert are too much for me.


lion
awesome
dropped
banks
dusty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think I will be clever enough to complet this exercise? Maybe. - clue

Class Member said...

Top marks for this challenge - from Ms S. :)