It all started on that horrid day. The day when I turned invisible. How awful it was. I couldn’t talk to my parents properly, I couldn’t see my reflection, my friends and family couldn’t see me and always bumped into me. Thank my friend, Greg, for he helped me get out of this dreaded mess. You want to hear my story? Yes? Well, here is my strange, but quite interesting story.
It all started when I woke up on a sunny Saturday morning. I hopped out of bed like I always would and then went to look at my reflection in the mirror. I think my face turned white. I could see a pair of pyjamas hanging in the air but no body. I practically screamed my head off. My big sister came into my room and said calmly, “Henry, are you O.K?”
I didn’t know what to do but say, “I’m in front of the mirror!”
She looked towards the mirror and it looked like she was going to faint but she got herself together and said fearfully, “I’ll get mum.”
And that’s how it all started. When mum came up to my room she explained everything, “When you were born a prophecy was told that whatever boy or girl was born first, on the 15 of March, 1999, would turn invisible the week before his birthday. It was told that only a true friend would be able to help this person from being invisible but it didn’t tell how. I didn’t believe in these prophecies but now I am proved wrong. The bit that worries me most is that if it was not cured by the 12 o’clock midnight on the eve of their birthday they would stay invisible forever.”
I was worried like I’ve never been worried before. I thought of every friend I knew. Peter, Daniel, Simon but they didn’t know what to do. I went to Fred’s house and he said, “I can’t see you but I know you’re invisible. The news has been going around town. Now what I think is that think of a friend who would want to swap lives with you. Think of a person who would love you like a brother and would do anything to save your life.”
I was running out of hope. Everybody had heard about how hard my life was and nobody I knew would want to swap lives with me if they knew what they would go through. I replied to Fred saying, “Thanks Fred but I don’t think anyone would want to swap lives with me or save my life but thanks for everything.”
Fred heard the door shut but of course he didn’t see me but if he did he would see that I was the saddest in my life and would not have given him any thanks. If only I knew that someone who I had never known well before, would take up my life for the love of a brother. But this sadness lasted for at least another three days and was about to give up hope until that great day. The day when I was out of being invisible for life.
I was walking with my head down when I accidentally walked into Greg. He had his face down too. Everybody was not scared if they saw me now. Anyway, while I was talking to Greg he said, “I would love to take up your spot because I love you like a brother and I would always be your true friend and companion for life but now you are invisible all I can do I pity you.”
All of a sudden, a blinding light shone through my body and throughout the whole entire street and I was back to normal!
I now know that Greg is a true friend and I have more understanding what a true friend really is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is a very scary story for the parents and thanks God there is a good ending.- clue
Woo hoo! Terrific!
I fixed your typos - look at this version then look at yours, see if you can find all the typos I fixed.
Then redo the title and take out what I wrote. :)
Hey - I recommend that you add a picture - it makes such a difference to a story. :)
From Ms S
Slinky did you tell Clue about the end of the concert? I posted it on Kaleidoscope. :) From Ms S
Hi Slinky,
I just fed your bamby twice and he loves it. - clue
Post a Comment